Board rulesThese rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on GAMS world forum. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Before sending a question to the group, please...
- if you are new to GAMS look at GAMS tutorial
- search the GAMS User's Guide,
- and search the Expanded GAMS User Guide
- use the search at GAMS
- search this group.
- describe your problem as clearly as possible.
- try to reproduce your problem with a small example. Often a solution to the problem will occur to you as you cut a larger problem down in size and remove extraneous code.
- make your example as concise as possible. Before you submit, test what you are submitting.
- send the self-contained, executable GAMS code that reproduces your problem to the group.
- send the error message(s) produced by GAMS (if available).
- send the GAMS version you are using so that people know what system to use to reproduce a problem (on the command line execute "gams ?" or check "Help" -> "About" in the IDE to see your version).
- start a new thread for a different problem / question.
- include a concise signature specifying affiliation.
You will find many experienced and helpful GAMS users in this group. If you follow these guidelines, they are more likely to respond to you with helpful replies.
When sending a question to the group, please ...