How to use A distributed MIP solver of Gurobi to solve model

Solver related questions
Ououou
User
User

How to use A distributed MIP solver of Gurobi to solve model

Post by Ououou »

Hi everyone,
I learned that A distributed MIP solver can be implemented by Gurobi. I would like to ask how to use A distributed MIP solver to solve large-scale model by GAMS when I get the license from Gurobi.

I see some information about A distributed MIP solver from GAMS official website introduced:
Once you've set up a set of one or more distributed workers, you should list at least one of their names in the WorkerPool parameter. You can provide either machine names or IP addresses, and they should be comma-separated.
You can provide the worker access password through the WorkerPassword parameter. All servers in the worker pool must have the same access password.
WorkerPool parameter and WorkerPassword parameter
WorkerPool parameter and WorkerPassword parameter
But in the example of workerpool (the last line), I didn't understand the specific operation. If I have three computers, the first computer is used as the control terminal, and the second and third computers are like the server1 and server2 mentioned above, how can I write the code correctly in GAMS? Is it the expression in the picture below? Or put "server 1: 61000 server 1: 61000, server 2: 61000" in the. opt file? “server 1: 61000 server 1: 61000, server 2: 61000” is this expression correct?

That's all I know about A distributed MIP solver of Gurobi.
Thank you for your help
Code about distributed MIP solver of Gurobi
Code about distributed MIP solver of Gurobi
5.JPG (24.19 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
A new comer for GAMS. Please give us your advice.
bussieck

Re: How to use A distributed MIP solver of Gurobi to solve model

Post by bussieck »

Read how to use GAMS solver options files at https://www.gams.com/latest/docs/UG_Sol ... PTION_FILE and here (https://www.gams.com/latest/docs/S_GURO ... ALGORITHMS) what GAMS/Gurobi option to set to work with Gurobi's distributed algorithms.

-Michael