Questions on GAMS MIRO
henryhu.89
User
User

GAMS MIRO not running for own models

Post by henryhu.89 »

Hello,

I am new to GAMS and would appreciate help on the following issue:

I am having trouble running GAMS MIRO on models which I wrote myself. The model is solving properly in GAMS studio and all I did was add $onExternalInput and $offExternalInput around my parameters, but when I hit "MIRO -> run base model" I get the following error:

----------------Start of Error Message------------
gams: **** Error: Parameter error(s)
: Reading parameter(s) from "command line"
: *** Error Unknown option "problem"
: Finished reading from "command line"
: *** Error command line = I "C:\Users\15102\Desktop\GAMs practice\transport problem MIP.gms" lo=3 ide=1 er=99 errmsg=1 pagesize=0 LstTitleLeftAligned=1 IDCGenerateJSON=conf_transport problem mip/transport problem mip_io.json IDCGenerateGDX=data_transport p
--------------End of Error Message-----------------

Strangely enough, when I download an example model from the f6 library in GAMS studio and add the $onExternalInput and $offExternalInput commands it runs perfectly. I also copied and pasted the transportation model into my own GAMS file (basically, completely replacing my model with a copy of the example transportation problem and adding the $onExternalInput and $offExternalInput commands), it does NOT run and I get the same error. However the transportation problem runs in MIRO fine if I use it from the downloaded file. I'm gathering from this that it is not something in my model preventing MIRO from running it, but rather something to do with the file (I have followed the MIRO guide on setting up pathing in GAMS studios and MIRO on your website). Would anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
HH
Robin
User
User

Re: GAMS MIRO not running for own models

Post by Robin »

Hi,

the problem is the file name ('transport problem MIP.gms') of your model. GAMS Studio currently doesn't allow spaces in the model name when communicating with GAMS MIRO. Try it with 'transport_problem_mip.gms' (I would also always use lower case if you want your MIRO app to run on systems that are case sensitive).

I'm sorry we didn't document this well enough, I've already noted it. We plan to support spaces in the near future.

Best,
Robin
henryhu.89
User
User

Post by henryhu.89 »

Hello Robin,

Thanks so much! it worked...what a wierd bug huh.

Best,
HH
Robin
User
User

Post by Robin »

Glad to hear that it worked.
It's already fixed internally and will be part of the next release of GAMS Studio.

Best,
Robin