User
User

MIRO with Save and Restart Feature

Post by Danrome »

Dear all,

I have a model on GAMS split in two gms file:
a) 1.gms where i have sets and parameters;
b) 2.gms where i have variables and equations and the solve command

in the second file i use the option save and restart from the first file.
Now i run MIRO directly on the second file and it works, it also recognize the parameter inputs from the first file, but when i try to change some parameter and i solve the model directly on MIRO it doesn't work.

So my general question is: does MIRO work with save and restart function? If yes than i made a mistake with something else.

Thank you very much for your help
Robin
User
User

Re: MIRO with Save and Restart Feature

Post by Robin »

Hi Danrome,
but when i try to change some parameter and i solve the model directly on MIRO it doesn't work.

So you manually update some data in file 1 and click on solve in MIRO afterwards?
You run a MIRO app for file 2. This means that the data from file 1 will be read in via the restart file. Data in a restart file is static and cannot be changed via MIRO (or anything else). The restart file is only updated when executing file 1. It is not touched at all when only solving file 2. So you have to make sure that the restart file is updated before solving file 2 (and also make it accessible for MIRO, e.g. by using file attachments if it is not too large).

May I ask why you chose this setup and not a simple $include of file 2 in file 1, for example? Are there very time consuming operations in file 1? If you include file 2 in file 1 via $include, then you could use file 1 as main file for MIRO and change the data directly in MIRO if necessary.