Exit Code -1073740791

Problems with syntax of GAMS
angert
User
User

Exit Code -1073740791

Post by angert »

Hello,

I am running GAMS in a loop through an R script using the gdrrxw package.

The first couple of iterations: the processes terminate on exit code 0 (works fine)
The following iterations: fail with exit code -1073740791.

From what I have been able to gather, this is due to stack buffer overflow.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks.
bussieck

Re: Exit Code -1073740791

Post by bussieck »

Hard to work with this little information. A negative exit code often means that the OS had issues starting the process. As far as I know gdxrrw does not actually run GAMS jobs, it just helps reading and writing GDX files. How do you start GAMS jobs and what kind of output do you get? It might help to start GAMS with lo=3 (see https://www.gams.com/latest/docs/UG_Gam ... OLogOption) so the log is sent to standard out and you can try to capture a more meaningful error message.

-Michael
angert
User
User

Re: Exit Code -1073740791

Post by angert »

bussieck wrote: 6 years ago Hard to work with this little information. A negative exit code often means that the OS had issues starting the process. As far as I know gdxrrw does not actually run GAMS jobs, it just helps reading and writing GDX files. How do you start GAMS jobs and what kind of output do you get? It might help to start GAMS with lo=3 (see https://www.gams.com/latest/docs/UG_Gam ... OLogOption) so the log is sent to standard out and you can try to capture a more meaningful error message.

-Michael
Thanks for your reply Michael. I have figured out the problem and how to solve it.

For anyone reading this in the future, Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud storage mess with GAMS' importing of GDX files.

Try moving your files to a folder that is not being synced real-time. Or disable syncing for a while.