Query in Scenario reduction

Problems with syntax of GAMS
Kasi Vemalaiah
User
User

Query in Scenario reduction

Post by Kasi Vemalaiah »

Dear sir/ma'am,

I am Kasi, pursuing PhD in IIT Roorkee, India.

I have generated 1000 scenarios using norm pdf in GAMS. PFA for GAMS studio file. I want to reduce generated 1000 scenarios to 50 scenarios using the SCENRED2 tool in GAMS. These reduced scenarios will be used for stochastic programming. Please help me, how to code for scenario reduction using the SCENRED2 tool in GAMS.

Thank you in advance.
scenario_reduction.gms
(166 Bytes) Downloaded 232 times
Best Regards,
Kasi Vemalaiah
paganini
User
User

Re: Query in Scenario reduction

Post by paganini »

Hi I have the same problem too
could you find out the solution ???
Kasi Vemalaiah
User
User

Post by Kasi Vemalaiah »

Hi,

I did not get any response from the team.
Best Regards,
Kasi Vemalaiah
paganini
User
User

Post by paganini »

yeah that's ridiculous, posts are seen but no response so what is the purpose of this forum!!!
Kasi Vemalaiah
User
User

Post by Kasi Vemalaiah »

yes.
Best Regards,
Kasi Vemalaiah
dirkse

Post by dirkse »

Hello,

You ask an excellent question - what is the purpose of this forum? The primary purpose of this forum is to facilitate interaction, discussion, and communication within the community of GAMS users. For example, there are different schools of thought about how to do matrix balancing in CGE modeling. This topic is highly relevant to GAMS, but also involves mathematical or theoretical issues that are independent of any implementations. Community members can share their opinions - opinions independent of GAMS - and all benefit. There have been many useful discussions on this and other topics.

The forum is also a place where GAMS users can seek help from the community. Often experts help newer users, but one doesn't need to be an expert to offer help - sometimes a different perspective is all that is needed. To this end, the forum rules app.php/rules describe how to arrange a post to best position others to offer the wanted help. It is quite unusual for a post that follows these rules to go unanswered.

Many members of the GAMS team are part of this community, and in many cases we participate in discussions and offer help. But you shouldn't assume we will do so in each and every case - that's not the purpose of the forum.

-Steve