Error =Error 32: The process cannot the file because it is being used by another process

Problems with syntax of GAMS
Hussain_TUT
User
User

Error =Error 32: The process cannot the file because it is being used by another process

Post by Hussain_TUT »

Dear all,

I have been facing a strange error "Error =Error 32: The process cannot the file because it is being used by another process". After that, the next message is "Error reading listing file".
test (002).png
This occur whenever my simulation time is getting over 17min. If I solve the same model with smaller number of variables such it find the solution less than 17min, then i did not get this error.

This has been occurring to me recently. However, i solved the same model with much more complexity before and i did not encounter such error. Any idea/solution to this?

Thanks
bussieck

Re: Error =Error 32: The process cannot the file because it is being used by another process

Post by bussieck »

This can be all sort of things, e.g. virus scanner interfering with the GAMS files. The log indicates that GAMS is at a stage where it tries to reopen the LST file and can't do this. In order to avoid GAMS going out of memory and constantly reopening the LST and other files, you could try to run your solver with a different solveLink option (see https://www.gams.com/latest/docs/UG_Gam ... Osolvelink). In 24.7 the default for this is 0 and you should increase to 2 or even 5.

Good luck. -Michael