Loop and summation upper limit

Problems with syntax of GAMS
bussieck

Re: Loop and summation upper limit

Post by bussieck »

I don't understand. The model solved to global optimality in less than a second:

Code: Select all

Proven optimal solution
MIP Solution:           43.692101    (89 iterations, 0 nodes)
Final Solve:            43.692101    (14 iterations)

Best possible:          43.692101
Absolute gap:            0.000000
Relative gap:            0.000000

--- Reading solution for model Water
--- Job WSC1 Edited.gms Stop 11/08/22 08:56:29 elapsed 0:00:00.637
-Michael
i_sam
User
User

Post by i_sam »

Dear Michael,

Yes, the fact that the model is solved to optimality in less than a second is strange. I realised that I can read the results on excel to validate the model. After using the command: execute_unload "results.gdx" ; I got the results file which I can open using GAMS. The next step was to right click the data then click write then write all symbols to excel. However, I was not able to find these options on my results file. I tried searching further without success. How can I generate the results on excel for all variables?
bussieck

Post by bussieck »

Unfortunately, you describe the process not very precise so I have to do some guessing. I assume that the variables in the GDX file look fine. A quick inspection show that many variables have value 0, but some variable, e.g. C3 have a level not equal to 0. When I use the IDE and the GDX Viewer within the IDE and select Write->Write ALL Symbols to Excel then I get an Excel file which looks fine to me. Studio also has has an Excel exporter in the latest version (GAMS 41) and also that looks fine. Both xlsx files are attached. I don't know if the solution makes sense or not but the process is fine. You need to be more precise in your description and perhaps all send files what you got and what you expect to get.

-Michael
studio.xlsx
(437.88 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
ide.xlsx
(552.28 KiB) Downloaded 62 times