Can I export convert output gdx file to csv/text without a GAMS install?

questions about GAMS' tools
chris
User
User

Can I export convert output gdx file to csv/text without a GAMS install?

Post by chris »

I am helping out a colleague in analyzing results of different GAMS runs but I personally do not have GAMS installed on my computer. Is there any way to convert the outputs.gdx files generated into csv or other text file I can read and analyze without having GAMS on my machine? I tried using gdxrrw but some of the error messages seem to indicate that I need to have a GAMS install.

Any tips or advice on how to do this, or if it's not possible would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
chris
User
User

Re: Can I export convert output gdx file to csv/text without a GAMS install?

Post by chris »

question update:

I went ahead and installed GAMS Studio 38 on my mac (though I don't have a license) and now am trying to figure out how to get the gdxtools / gdxrrw to work. In R studio I get the following error:

library(gdxtools)
> igdx("/Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources")
Error loading the GDX API from gamsSysDir=
Could not load shared library /Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources/libgdxdclib64.dylib: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources/libgdxdclib64.dylib, 0x0002): tried: '/Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/3
Environment variable R_GAMS_SYSDIR not set: no GDX API there
Error loading the GDX API via the default shared library search mechanism
Could not load shared library libgdxdclib64.dylib: dlopen(libgdxdclib64.dylib, 0x0002): tried: 'libgdxdclib64.dylib' (no such file), '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/libgdxdclib64.dylib' (no such file), '/Users/cyang/lib/libgdxdclib64.dylib'
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set!
The GDX library has not been loaded

However, I can go to this folder (/Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources) in the finder and this appears to be the right folder. It even has the libgdxdclib64.dylib in it. So now I'm a bit stuck. I can also go into Terminal and type "gams" or "/Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources/gams" and get the following message:

--- Job ? Start 03/02/22 12:40:29 38.2.1 96226ea8 DEX-DEG x86 64bit/Mac OS X
*** GAMS Base Module 38.2.1 96226ea8 Feb 19, 2022 DEG x86 64bit/Mac OS X
*** GAMS Development Corporation
*** 2751 Prosperity Ave, Suite 210
*** Fairfax, VA 22031, USA
*** +1 202-342-0180, +1 202-342-0181 fax
*** support@gams.com, www.gams.com
*** GAMS Release : 38.2.1 96226ea8 DEX-DEG x86 64bit/Mac OS X
*** Release Date : Feb 19, 2022
*** To use this release, you must have a valid license file for
*** this platform with maintenance expiration date later than
*** Jan 31, 2022
*** System Directory : /Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources/
*** License file not found.
*** The following directories have been searched:
/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/GAMS
/Library/Application Support/GAMS
/Library/Frameworks/GAMS.framework/Versions/38/Resources
--- Job ? Stop 03/02/22 12:40:29 elapsed 0:00:00.001

Is this a problem that I don't have a license file just to be able to read gdx files?