225 folders

questions about GAMS' tools
David
User
User

225 folders

Post by David »

Dear,

I'm running a GAMS model, but at the end it always gives an error not being able to delete de 225 directories. I have a DELL XPS 13 with windows 10 laptop(See below).

¿Does anybody know what the problem could be?
If I try the utility to delete the folders it says
Directories deleted :0
Directories not deleted : 6

Thanks and regards,

David

Code: Select all

Total time = 515 Ms
--- Sankey.gms(12339) 43 Mb
--- Putfile DataVerification C:\Users\David\Google Drive\MASTER modelo\MASTER_EfE\DataVerification.txt
--- Putfile TMPOUT C:\Users\David\Google Drive\MASTER modelo\MASTER_EfE\tmpout.txt
--- Putfile ExportParam C:\Users\David\Google Drive\MASTER modelo\MASTER_EfE\gdxxrwparam.txt
--- Putfile ExportParam2 C:\Users\David\Google Drive\MASTER modelo\MASTER_EfE\gdxxrwparam2.txt
--- Putfile ExportParam3 C:\Users\David\Google Drive\MASTER modelo\MASTER_EfE\gdxxrwparam3.txt
--- Putfile ExportParam4 C:\Users\David\Google Drive\MASTER modelo\MASTER_EfE\gdxxrwparam4.txt
--- Job Sankey.gms Stop 04/03/17 14:05:47 elapsed 0:00:19.935
Delete file 225d\desktop.ini
Cannot delete directory: 225d
Cannot delete file: 225d\gamsmatr.dat
Cannot delete file: 225d\gamssolu.dat
Cannot delete file: 225d\gamswrk0.dat
*** Error: Cannot delete process directory: 225d
Exit code = 112
bussieck

Re: 225 folders

Post by bussieck »

David,

You project directory location says it all: "Google Drive". GAMS creates the scratch directory and on completion will delete this. Unfortunately, google drive already started to synchronize the file and and hold a handle to these file which will prevent GAMS from deleting the files. There is an entry about using a synchronized folder as a GAMS project directory: http://support.gams.com/gams:can_i_use_ ... _with_gams

-Michael
David
User
User

Re: 225 folders

Post by David »

I was looking on the GAMS website for anything with the 225 folders, but they didn't say anything about my problem.
I stopped the google drive syncing and indeed you are right the problem stopped occurring.

Thank you very much.

Regards,