Studio Wishes

Rob Davies
User
User

Studio Wishes

Post by Rob Davies »

Sorry to post multiple wishes in one post, but here are some things I wish for:

Allowing preferences to be maintained when using GDX
a. In IDE if one formats up a table, it is remembered until one changes it. In Studio it seems to revert to a flat file each time
b. If one sets number formats, they do not persevere. This is very irritating. To change decimals requires several clicks. Under IDE one could do that directly on an icon, rather than through a drop down dialogue. I much prefer the former.
c. It would be nice to be able to set the Table view in GDX as a default. But at least if we set it for one variable, it should remain that, even next time we open the GDX.

Zooming in and out on the Navigation Panel
In the .lst file one can zoom in and out on the listing panel but not the navigation panel. Same for GDX. It would be nice to be able to reduce those fonts

A Minor Suggestion on Running creating GDX
It is great that we can run with a GDX being automatically created. However, since the GDX has the same name as the gms, and since it is associated with GAMS, in file explorer it is difficult to see which is which, unless one turns file extensions on. Is it possible to have it so it adds a suffix to the GDX? Say, 1model.gms creates 1model_results.gdx

Thanks
Rob
Lutz
User
User

Re: Studio Wishes

Post by Lutz »

Rob,

Thanks for the suggestions you made! We added them to our list of future enhancements (actually, they were mostly on that list already; you wrote a similar list to one of my colleague as a private message here in the forum already, right?).

Best regards,
Lutz
Rob Davies
User
User

Post by Rob Davies »

Thanks Lutz.
Yes I had but was not sure it had gone through.
Best
Rob
Lutz
User
User

Post by Lutz »

FYI: With release 1.8.1 we took care about the missing zoom in the lst panel as a first step of your wish list. This release will be part of the upcoming GAMS 37.1 release.

Best,
Lutz
Lutz
User
User

Post by Lutz »

Rob,

FYI: With the latest Studio, we added persistent settings/filters/... for the GDX Viewer.
This Studio release is planned to be published with the upcoming GAMS 40 release.

Best,
Lutz
Rob Davies
User
User

Post by Rob Davies »

Excellent Lutz - I look forward to using it.
Rob