Generation time takes too long

Problems with modeling
Laurus
User
User

Generation time takes too long

Post by Laurus »

Hello,

I have a model I want to run interfaced with matlab and I need to run It several times with diferent parameters in the following schema:

MATLAB computations -> GAMS -> MATLAB computations -> GAMS ...

Problem is the modelling of my problem takes several hours... Is there any way to speed this up?

Thank you
matdata.gms
(172 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times
matgdxdata.gms
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
opt.gms
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Last edited by Laurus 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Fred

Re: Generation time takes too long

Post by Fred »

Hi,

To provide help it would be good to be able to reproduce the observed behavior. Maybe you can share the missing include files?

Best,
Fred
Laurus
User
User

Post by Laurus »

You're right, my bad. I have attached the missing files.

Thank you,
dirkse

Post by dirkse »

Laurus,

I notice the model you sent as opt.gms in your post is customized to work with GDXMRW. This works as long as you stay in a Matlab world, but now when you move to a larger forum, it becomes a problem. Potential avenues of help or discussion are closed off because your model is not a generic GAMS model - it only works if you've got a Matlab system customized to work with GDXMRW.

That is why the GDXMRW Wiki recommends that you write your GAMS model in a generic way - something that works well with GDXMRW and outside of it. There are also examples of this in the Wiki.

-Steve
Laurus
User
User

Post by Laurus »

dirkse wrote: 4 years ago Laurus,

I notice the model you sent as opt.gms in your post is customized to work with GDXMRW. This works as long as you stay in a Matlab world, but now when you move to a larger forum, it becomes a problem. Potential avenues of help or discussion are closed off because your model is not a generic GAMS model - it only works if you've got a Matlab system customized to work with GDXMRW.

That is why the GDXMRW Wiki recommends that you write your GAMS model in a generic way - something that works well with GDXMRW and outside of it. There are also examples of this in the Wiki.

-Steve
When you say a general model does it mean not using the matlab 'gams()' function but using RGDX and WGDX?

Do you think that contributes to a slower model?