Reasons for equation not being executed

Problems with modeling
Jubeyer
User
User

Reasons for equation not being executed

Post by Jubeyer »

Hi,

I have some equations in my .gms file but after executing it, I don't see them on the .lst files. I guess it means those equations does not get executed at all. What could be the possible reasons for that and how can I make sure that those equations got executed?

Regards,
Jubeyer
femibode
User
User

Re: Reasons for equation not being executed

Post by femibode »

I think there's a difference between equations not being listed in the .lst and not being executed. Can you check any limrow option. Option limrow = ? is used to decided how many of your equations are listed per block. You can also check your solution to ascertain which equations are and not executed.
Jubeyer
User
User

Post by Jubeyer »

Sorry, I am pretty new in GAMS. Am I supposed to add that limrow=? in the .opt file and see the effect in .lst file or is it something otherwise?
Jubeyer
User
User

Post by Jubeyer »

Since, calling that from command line results in a error saying "Integer expected for option "limRow" saw "?".
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hi,

The error message says it all. You should not type the "?". This was meant as a placeholder for whatever number you would like to enter there for your model.
The documentation might also be helpful: https://www.gams.com/32/docs/UG_GamsCal ... MSAOlimrow

I hope this helps!

Fred