GLSP implementation

Problems with modeling
before2
User
User

GLSP implementation

Post by before2 »

Hello,

I'm fairly new to GAMS and appreciate any potential help.

I tried implementing the GLSP with the following restrictions (attached PDF).
It worked more or less, since i got the same value for the objective function as the solution (which should be 1196).

But my solution differs in regards to the quantity produced in the micro periods (see the attached picture for a comparison of my solution and the given solution).
The structure of my solution seems to be shifted to the left after s=3. Meaning that the quantities are produced earlier than in the given solution.
Also the quantities produced in period s=3 are split up in my solution. I also attached my current gams model.

I'm assuming that I messed something up with the use of the dummy period s=0 or the equation for the setupchange.
If i forgot to provide any information please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance

GLSP1.gms
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
solution.PNG
GLSP model.pdf
(100.2 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
abhosekar

Re: GLSP implementation

Post by abhosekar »

When I try to run your model, I see the solution shifted to right from everywhere starting from s=1. i.e. k=1, s=1 is 0 and k=1, s=2 is 50. Therefore, this is probably an inconsistency in your definition but the solution you are getting matches with the one shown in the second table.
Also, for k=3, s=3 I get 10 and k=3, s=2 I get 0 which could mean that there are two solutions with the same objective function value.

One way to avoid this confusion is by creating parameters for initial values instead of creating a dummy variable.

Hope that helps.