Solve aborted Error

Problems with modeling
Hermela
User
User

Re: Solve aborted Error

Post by Hermela »

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your advice, it was very helpful. I am also getting error 649 domain violation while loading from GDX. How will you advice me to solve this error? I'm sorry, I'm new to CGEmodeling with GAMS and i'm constantly seeking advice :)
bussieck

Post by bussieck »

That is serious. You can suppress the domain violation by only taking records that match your sets by replacing $loadDC by $load. This is extremely dangerous, since you have no clue of what you leave behind, so the results of the model are very questionable. If you have to use a complex model like IFPRI's CGE model you need to invest in learning the basics. Depending on your set up and environment it might be advantageous to seek external help, e.g. your professor, or attending a GAMS class (e.g. Bruce McCarl's on-line GAMS course in a few weeks: https://www.gams.com/courses/) or hiring consultant (check with support@gams.com for options).

-Michael
Hermela
User
User

Post by Hermela »

Hi Michael,
Thank you so much for your advice. I got support from an expert in IFPRI. It turns out I didn't update the factors and household account in the result Excel file, while I altered it in the model file.