HELP: error - superbasics limit is too small !!!

Solver related questions
User
User

HELP: error - superbasics limit is too small !!!

Post by 94470123 »

Hello everyone
I'm trying to optimize a dynamic scenario-based problem using nlp snopt, but i face this error: superbasics limit is too small !!! .
The funny point is that the problem is optimized for 16 hours but when model is run for 17 hours or more this error comes up.
what can i do ? please help me.
I would really, deeply and highly appreciate your help and guidance.
Renger

Re: HELP: error - superbasics limit is too small !!!

Post by Renger »

Hi
You probably have to increase this limit. Take a look at the snopt manual how to do this.
Cheers
Renger
User

Post by 94470123 »

Renger wrote: 5 years ago Hi
You probably have to increase this limit. Take a look at the snopt manual how to do this.
Cheers
Renger
Hi
Thank you
I've checked the snopt manual but couldn't figure out how to increase the limit.
Renger

Post by Renger »

Hi
Have a look here how to set options for a solver https://www.gams.com/latest/docs/UG_SolverUsage.html. (under "The Solver Options File") and set the
superbasics limit to a different value.
(From the SNOPT documentation: "The performance of GAMS/SNOPT is controlled by a number of parameters or "options." Each option has a default value that should be appropriate for most problems. For special situations it is possible to specify non-default values for some or all of the options via the SNOPT option file. While the content of an option file is solver-specific, the details of how to create an option file and instruct the solver to use it are not. This topic is covered in section The Solver Options File.")

Cheers
Renger