Read from Excel running in cluster environment

questions about GAMS' tools
mpap
User
User

Read from Excel running in cluster environment

Post by mpap »

Hello,

I have a GAMS file that currently reads data from Excel. The way I have set this up is through the use of a .gpr so that the GAMS file can see the corresponing Excel one.

I want to run this now in a cluster environment, however there is no GUI for me to open the .gpr first and therefore GAMS doesn't see the corresponding Excel.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Is there any way to code in the main GAMS file to open the .gpr first?

Thanks,
M
Renger

Re: Read from Excel running in cluster environment

Post by Renger »

Hi
I am not sure if I understand you correctly: are you running on an Unix cluster? If yes, the gamside won't work anyway and reading excel files either.
Gamsstudio runs on Linux (but don't ask me how to set it up). Another option would be to open your gams file in a good text editor and run Gams from the command line.

Cheers
Renger

Enjoy modeling even more The lazy economist
User

Post by mpap »

Thank you - I will think of some other way then

M
dirkse

Post by dirkse »

You mention running in a cluster, but that could mean many things. Windows or Linux? Will you run this as a batch job or do you want to use a GUI?

One clear advantage of running from a command line: it always works, regardless of the environment. So you can get your stuff running on the command line on your desktop and feel more confident it will run similarly on a cluster - whatever that means.

-Steve