SOLVE from line 689 ABORTED, EXECERROR = 1

Problems with modeling
furyblack
User
User

SOLVE from line 689 ABORTED, EXECERROR = 1

Post by furyblack »

I'm trying to model a open economic CGE model, find an error, SOLVE from line 689 ABORTED, EXECERROR = 1..would anyone help me check,THKS!
Attachments
help.rar
meodl+data+gamscode
(140.51 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
bussieck

Re: SOLVE from line 689 ABORTED, EXECERROR = 1

Post by bussieck »

You are using MCP to solve your model. MCP models need to be square. GAMS tells you (if you look careful at the lst file) that the model is not square:

Code: Select all

**** Counts do not match
     Single equations in unmatched =E= blocks     2492
     Unmatched single free variables              2575
Then GAMS lists the unmatches equations and variables. Best practice for MCP is to provide the matching of variables and equations directly in the model statement then you know where the unmatched vars/equs come from.

-Michael
903510564@qq.com
User
User

Re: SOLVE from line 689 ABORTED, EXECERROR = 1

Post by 903510564@qq.com »

bussieck wrote: 8 months ago You are using MCP to solve your model. MCP models need to be square. GAMS tells you (if you look careful at the lst file) that the model is not square:

Code: Select all

**** Counts do not match
     Single equations in unmatched =E= blocks     2492
     Unmatched single free variables              2575
Then GAMS lists the unmatches equations and variables. Best practice for MCP is to provide the matching of variables and equations directly in the model statement then you know where the unmatched vars/equs come from.

-Michael
Dear Michael,

I have encountered the same issue as him. It seems that the quantity of equations and variables are inequality in our codes. I tried to fix the free variables, but no matter how many variables I fixed, the quantity of 'Single equations in unmatched' remains the same. I am a beginner of CGE model and suffered by this problem for few days, could you give some specific advice for me? Thank you.

Best wishes,
Yang