Search in Studio

Rob Davies
User
User

Search in Studio

Post by Rob Davies »

Hi
I am using Studio 17.3.
If I search for an item in one file, and then go to another file (leaving the search dialogue open) and search again, it takes me back to the original file.
Although I noticed this Studio 17.2, I don't recall it happening in earlier versions.
It does not matter whether the files are in the same or different projects.
I may be missing something, but it is a little irritating having to close the Search dialogue and reopen to search for the same item. I often search for something in the .lst file to find which include it is in, and then go to the include.
Best
Rob
Lutz
User
User

Re: Search in Studio

Post by Lutz »

Rob,

Thanks for reporting this! This is a bug. As a workaround, you should be able to use "Search all" (`Shift+Enter` in the dialog), which should not have the same problem.
But in any case: This is on our list to be fixed.

Best,
Lutz
Rob Davies
User
User

Post by Rob Davies »

Thanks as usual, Fritz.
I have also noticed that when I am at the top of the list file and do a search, the first thing it jumps to is wrong. After that it is fine.
For example I search for "TAXPAR" and it first highlights QX.
I have tried attaching the list file here but am unable to.
Best
Rob
Rob Davies
User
User

Post by Rob Davies »

Following on from the above problem.
I am using search and replace. The search still finds the wrong thing, but now in all of the files, not just the lst file.
I also notice that it tells me at the start there are, say, 5 matches found, but when I replace the first one, it still indicates 5 remaining, and after replacing all, it indicates there is 1 match remaining.
Trivial, but clearly a bug. I am scared to use replace all, since it may replace the wrong thing.
Best
Rob
Lutz
User
User

Post by Lutz »

Rob,

Thanks again for the report! Would it be possible, that you send an example of this to support@gams.com?
Just two days ago, I discovered, that the replace action works correctly, but the find afterwards still reports the old results (though, they were replaced correctly), if I use use "This project" as serach scope. That problem does not happenn, if I do a replace in a single file. I am not sure, if that is actually the same, you ran into.

Best regards,
Lutz