GDX MPS2GMS

questions about GAMS' tools
Rester
User
User

GDX MPS2GMS

Post by Rester »

I wanted to use tasks from the miplib2017 library. I used MPS2GMS. I received .gdx instead of .mps. Is it possible to provide .gdx as input to the solver? I would be grateful for your help.
bussieck

Re: GDX MPS2GMS

Post by bussieck »

MPS2GMS reads an MPS file and provides you with a pretty generic GMS file and the data (coefficients, bounds, rhs) in the GDX data. Hence, you can solve your MPS file abc.mps by running "mps2gms abc.mps" and afterwards "gams abc.gms".

Good luck,
-Michael
ClssicSupreme11
User
User

Re: GDX MPS2GMS

Post by ClssicSupreme11 »

Yes, it is possible to provide a .gdx file as input to some solvers. However, it depends on the solver you are using and whether it supports reading data from .gdx files.

GAMS (General Algebraic Modeling System) is often used with .gdx files, as it is a modeling language and environment that supports optimization modeling. If you have a .gdx file generated from MPS2GMS, you can use GAMS to read the data from the .gdx file and formulate and solve your optimization model.

After formulating your optimization model in GAMS, you can solve it using a solver compatible with GAMS, such as CPLEX, Gurobi, or others.

If you have specific requirements or constraints for your optimization problem, please provide more details, and I can assist you further.
hi