Solve aborted Error

Problems with modeling
Hermela
User
User

Solve aborted Error

Post by Hermela »

I am attempting to execute a CGE (Computable General Equilibrium) model. While the calibration phase runs without issue, I am encountering errors when running the simulation file. I am currently unable to identify the root cause of the issue. Please find attached the model file in question. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide!
IFPRI CGE Model (3).zip
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
Rodrigue
User
User

Re: Solve aborted Error

Post by Rodrigue »

Hello,
I ran successfully 1model.gm without any change. Maybe your computer has a problem.

With regards,
Rodrigue
dirkse

Post by dirkse »

Hermela,

I looked at the 1model.log file in the .zip you sent. It looks like a normal and successful run. Where are you seeing errors? Please be specific about where you see errors, and why you consider them to be so.

-Steve
Hermela
User
User

Post by Hermela »

dirkse wrote: 1 year ago Hermela,

I looked at the 1model.log file in the .zip you sent. It looks like a normal and successful run. Where are you seeing errors? Please be specific about where you see errors, and why you consider them to be so.

-Steve
Thank you for your help Steve. The 1model runs just fine, however, when I run 2simulation.gms GAMS show me a lot of errors. As I am new to GAMS, I tried my best but couldn't find the solution.
dirkse

Post by dirkse »

Hermela,

I don't see the file 2simulation.log in the .zip file. Ditto for 2simulation.lst. If you send those, it is more likely you'll get good help.

-Steve
Hermela
User
User

Post by Hermela »

1model.gdx
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 644 times

I don't see the file 2simulation.log in the .zip file. Ditto for 2simulation.lst. If you send those, it is more likely you'll get good help.

-Steve
Thank you Steve. I have attached 2 simulation file.
1model.gms
(66.42 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
1model.xlsx
(167.33 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
2simulation.gms
(17.28 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
2simulation.xlsx
(142.93 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Thank
model.gdx
(427.27 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
dirkse

Post by dirkse »

Hermela,

I don't see the files 2simulation.log and 2simulation.lst in your attachments. If you send those, it is more likely you'll get good help.

-Steve
Hermela
User
User

Post by Hermela »

I don't see the files 2simulation.log and 2simulation.lst in your attachments. If you send those, it is more likely you'll get good help.

-Steve
Hi Steve. I don't have 2simulation.log and 2sim.lst files. Every time
1model.log
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
I run GAMS all I get is the following attachments. I couldn't attached the .lst file as it is so I converted it to doc. I hope this will help me . Thank you very much
1model.docx
(79.72 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Hermela
User
User

Post by Hermela »

the solve aborted error is now solved, thank you so much all for your inputs. I am now facing a new error : error 170 domain violation for element. Some of the equations error is showing are
QHTAB(H,'init') = SUM(A, PA0(A)*QHA0(A,H)*hpop(H)) + SUM(C, PQ0(C)*QH0(C,H)*hpop(H));
QHTAB('TOTAL','init') = SUM((A,H), PA0(A)*QHA0(A,H)*hpop(H)) + SUM((C,H), PQ0(C)*QH0(C,H)*hpop(H));
QHTAB(H,XC)$QHTAB(H,'init') = ((QHTAB(H,XC)/QHTAB(H,'Base'))**(1/TNUM)-1)*100;
Can someone kindly help me in solving this error please? GAMS shows that the error is occurring on set element 'init'
bussieck

Post by bussieck »

I think the error is clear from the message, your symbol QHTAB has been declared over some sets (probably H,XC) that do not include the element 'init' (or 'base' or 'total') and hence the compiler gives you an error. Look at the declaration of QHTAB and confirm that the domain sets do not include 'init' (or the others). Now try to explain why you should be able to use the label. There are always ways around something like this (e.g. declare QHTAB over the universe, i.e. QHTAB(*,*), but GAMS does a domain check on purpose to detect model errors and the original modeler probably put some thoughts into this, so I would not lightly change that. Try to understand the issue and look for a good solution.

-Michael

PS The code you shared before does not mention the symbol QHTAB.