Gurobi, GAMS and Distributed Computing

Solver related questions
sususuper
User
User

Gurobi, GAMS and Distributed Computing

Post by sususuper »

Hello,
What I mean is that I already have a license for the Gurobi solver, but if distributed computing is involved in GAMS, I should need GAMS to provide a certificate for the distributed computing license.I would be very grateful if you could help me!
Thanks!!1
Su Wenlong
Fred

Re: Gurobi, GAMS and Distributed Computing

Post by Fred »

Hi,

What kind of distributed parallel algorithm are you trying to run? The GAMS/Gurobi solver manual may have useful hints and instructions.
I should need GAMS to provide a certificate for the distributed computing license.
Not sure what that means and what this information is based on. Of course, you will need a GAMS license in order to use GAMS/Gurobi. It may be more efficient to reach out to support@gams.com with your license details and a description of what exactly you are trying to achive.

Best,
Fred
sususuper
User
User

Re: Gurobi, GAMS and Distributed Computing

Post by sususuper »

Hi,
Thanks for your advice!
I have received and studied the GAMS link you sent, and I have determined that the distributed computing method I need is described below:
A distributed MIP solver, which allows you to divide the work of solving a single MIP model among multiple machines. A manager machine passes problem data to a set of worker machines in order to coordinate the overall solution process.
I am trying to contact GAMS now.
Have you ever done this(Distributed MIP solver), my friend?
Best,
Su