The issue of GAMS Studio terminating during simulation

summerfrost
User
User

The issue of GAMS Studio terminating during simulation

Post by summerfrost »

Hello! I am a university student running energy simulations using GAMS.
I am facing some issues while using GAMS Studio. version GAMS Distribution 42.1.0.
I am solving a distributed optimization problem that repeatedly involves QCP and NLP (probably using the CPLEX solver).
while Simulation is running, RAM usage is around 500MB, and the simulation time takes about 3 hours.
My working environment is Windows 11 with a Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 64GB of memory, and an RTX 2070 GPU, so there should be no issue with the computer's specifications in solving the problem.
I am also not performing multiple simulations at once, and no other programs are running, with CPU, RAM, and GPU resources all consuming around 5~20%.
However, GAMS Studio continuously terminates during the simulation without any particular error, and this leads to having to restart the simulation from the beginning.
The situation is severe enough that out of 4 simulation runs, 3 fails. There have been no special issues with the Windows system and all other programs are operating normally.
Even turning it off and on does not solve the problem.
This is absolutely not a compilation error(such as syntax or infeasible errors.). The program is being forcefully terminated before there's even a chance to save any error logs.

I am wondering why GAMS Studio shuts down during the simulation and what the cause might be. I would appreciate any help on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you for reading my message!